FAIRFIELD COUNTY — The Academic Student of the Week for Fairfield County School District is Jalasha Harrison, a fourth grade student at Fairfield Elementary School.
WINNSBORO — Storytellers want to draw people together, which is something Tellabration accomplishes.
WINNSBORO — When the date for Winnsboro's Christmas Parade was set for Nov. 23, a Nov. 30 raindate was set in case of inclement weather.
FAIRFIELD COUNTY — Second-graders in Fairfield County carried out a long-standing tradition for The Herald Independent: sharing their ideas of how to cook a turkey for Thanksgiving. As always, we appreciate the school district's help with...
WINNSBORO — Grandma Moses famously began creating art at the age of 78.
WINNSBORO — The J.B. Floyd Building will be closed until further notice for building maintenance.
WINNSBORO — The annual American Red Cross Clemson-Carolina Blood Drive was held Nov. 13 at First United Methodist Church in Winnsboro.
WINNSBORO — Scotty Timms is the Richard Winn Academy student of the week.
NEWBERRY — Legal, law enforcement and corrections jobs are hot commodities in today's job market.
FAIRFIELD COUNTY — The third time is the charm for Will Montgomery. Pending an official canvass, Montgomery's third attempt at running for sheriff of Fairfield County succeeded.
WINNSBORO — The Winnsboro Police Department is searching for five new cars and an S.U.V. after Tuesday's Town of Winnsboro council meeting.
WINNSBORO — Fairfield Central High School's run came to an end Friday after a 16-3 loss at the hands of the Newberry High School Bulldogs.
RIDGEWAY — Old service stations once served as catch-all places to fill up, get an oil change, wipe your windshield down and have your car inspected.
FAIRFIELD COUNTY — Thawing and preparing a turkey for Thanksgiving? Here is what you need to know to make sure your holiday dinner is one to remember for all the right reasons.
SUMTER — It doesn't take an Eagle eye for Richard Winn Academy to see a potential championship.
WINNSBORO — Newberry is an old opponent for Fairfield Central High School.
WINNSBORO — Richard Winn's Beta Club students recently sponsored a school-wide food drive, collecting more than 1,500 items in a two-week period.
RIDGEWAY — If there's one thing children are more passionate about than civic government, it's delivering a presentation to a crowded room about World War II.
WINNSBORO — SCE&G along with other South Carolina utilities will join S.C. Attorney General Alan Wilson and the S.C. Department of Consumer Affairs for a press conference during International Fraud Awareness Week to warn consumers about a...
Will Montgomery is the Fairfield County Sheriff-Elect according to unofficial election results.Montgomery received 94.1 percent of the vote, and the remaining 5.9 percent of the vote going to write-in candidates.
WINNSBORO — After a primary election and a runoff, Nov. 18 is the special general election for Fairfield County sheriff.
WINNSBORO — Another week and another group of Rebels resulted in another Fairfield Central High School playoff victory.
WINNSBORO — Meagan Trammell's English III Honors class recently sponsored a College Fair at Richard Winn Academy.
FAIRFIELD COUNTY — Fairfield County Council's meeting was reminiscent of Mike Tyson in the '80s, but with little of the animosity.
NEWBERRY COUNTY — The National Weather Service has placed Newberry County under a tornado watch until six p.m., a watch means conditions are favorable for a tornado to form. At present there is no activity in this area but the conditions are as...
November 14th | 0
November 11th | 0
October 30th | 0