Through June 27
• Fairfield Central High School holds auxiliary and percussion band tryouts for students from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the band room at FCHS.
• A class on how to better deal with someone suffering from dementia or Alzheimer’s disease is held at 10:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. at Christ Central Community Center, 235 S. Congress St. in Winnsboro. The class is sponsored by Agape Senior. Call Pamela Banks at 803-767-0723 for more information.
• Train rides at the S.C. Railroad Museum, 110 Industrial Park Road in Winnsboro, are held at 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. For tickets and information, visit www.scrm.org.
• Fairfield Central High School band camp is held from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Parents and/or students should contact the school for additional information.
• The Winnsboro Lion’s Club meets the first and third Tuesday of each month at noon in the conference room at Fairfield Memorial Hospital. Visitors are welcome.
• The Farmer’s Market is held from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturdays on the first floor of the Town Clock, 100 N. Congress St.
• The Fairfield County Disabilities and Special Needs Board meets at noon the third Friday of each month at 408 W. Washington St. unless a special meeting is called. Meetings are June 20, Aug. 15, Sept. 19, Oct. 17, Nov. 21 and Dec. 19. No meeting will be held in July. Agendas are posted monthly. Call 803-635-2154 for more information.
• The Town of Winnsboro is in search of pictures from local churches for its website. If your church is located in the Winnsboro area, send a photo of the outside of the church along with the name, address and telephone number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Guardian ad litem volunteers are needed to represent abused and neglected children in Fairfield County. Call 803-286-6064 for more information. Training is free.
Out & About includes listings of events such as plays, festivals and the like in Fairfield County and surrounding counties. Items can be submitted in writing to The Herald Independent, P.O. Box 90, Winnsboro, S.C. 29180; by fax to 635-2948; or in person at 127 N. Congress St. Call 635-4016 for more information.