FAIRFIELD COUNTY — If you like a good sale, then you might want to set your alarm clock, pack an umbrella and get ready to take part in one of the best sales to come into this area — The Big Grab, also known as the 43-mile Yard Sale —on Sept. 11 and Sept. 12.
Yes, you read that right: 43 miles of vendors from exit 24 on I-77 in Blythewood, to Ridgeway and Winnsboro and then back to where you started. You might want to pack a lunch for this one or better yet, make plans to eat in one of the restaurants in the towns.
The event kicks off at dawn each day and is shuttered at dusk. The weather is expected to be in the upper 80s and there is a chance of some rain.
Here’s a look at the route:
• I-77 exit 24 – Wilson Boulevard/U.S. 21/Blythewood
• Take U.S. 21 through Blythewood to downtown Ridgeway.
• In Ridgeway pick up S.C. 34 to Winnsboro. It’s about 12 miles, and there should be vendors set up along the way, although they may be stretched out along the route.
• At the intersection of U.S. 321, turn right and stay in the right lane which will put you on U.S. 321 Business, also called Columbia Road here and in town Congress Street. This will take you into the business district. Continue north on U.S. 321 Business to S.C. 200, turn left.
• Take S.C. 200 to U.S. 321 Bypass.
• Turn left on to the bypass.
• Continue south through the bypass out of Winnsboro to Blythewood Road. Turn left onto Blythewood Road and head back to Blythewood. This will also take you to I-77 at Exit 27.
This information can also be found at www.fairfieldchamber.sc and on Facebook under Fairfield County Chamber
Vendors off the route will put directional signage on the route. Locations being made available to vendors are:
• Beulah United Methodist Church, 8564 Winnsboro Road (U.S. 321) in Blythewood: Restrooms inside the Fellowship Hall. The church will be selling breakfast and lunch on Saturday, water and baked goods in the Fellowship Hall on Friday and Saturday. Restrooms inside.
• Blythewood Park, 126 Boney Road in Blythewood: Restrooms available. Limited number of tables provided inside gym and outside in parking lot.
• St. Andrews Lutheran Church, 1729 Blythewood Road in Blythewood: Restrooms inside.
• Trinity United Methodist Church (parking lot), 155 Blythewood Road, Blythewood: Restrooms available. Open from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday only.
• Universal Kids School, 1001 N, Firetower Road in Blythewood: Restrooms available.
• Willow Lake Church, 111 Pine Wedge Drive in Blythewood: Restrooms available.
• The Voice parking lot, 303 Main St. in Blythewood: No restroom.
• The area behind the fire department, beside Olde Town Hall Restaurant to the dirt driveway.
• Joyce McLean, 1985 Smallwood Road in Ridgeway: No restrooms available. Location is 2 miles off S.C. 34 and 2 miles off U.S. 321. Overnight camping allowed.
• Latasha Robertson, 1653 U.S. 21 in Ridgeway: No restrooms.
• Empty lot corner U.S. 321 Bypass South and Kincaid Bridge Road in front of Nationwide Insurance office.
• Empty lot between 11th & 12th streets on east side of South Columbia Road (U.S. 321 Business South).
• Congress Street, Downtown Winnsboro: Locations in front of empty or closed store fronts.
• Empty lot next to Farmer’s Market next to NAPA, 150 N. Congress St.
• Mission Ridge Golf Club & Conference Center, 600 S. Congress St. in Winnsboro: Restrooms available.