• Fairfield Behavioral Health Services holds a 1 Hour 1 Lap 1 Cause Recovery Walk at 5:30 p.m. in honor of National Recovery Month.
• A Coming Together as One to Remember Nine memorial service is held at 3 p.m. at St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church for Mother Emanuel AME Church and the Charleston Nine as part of a statewide series of memorial services. Contact Rick Gibson at 803-718-2904 for more information.
• Blythewood Animal Hospital and Make A Friend in Animals holds a heartworm clinic from 9 a.m. to noon at Groomadog, 209 Blythewood Road in Blythewood. Heartworm tests will be $45. A six-month supply of Interceptor will be provided with negative test results. Call 803-606-1136 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Sept. 18-Sept. 20
• The Pine Tree Playhouse, 230 S. Congress St. in Winnsboro, stages The Mice Have Been Drinking Again, a one-act comedy by Cleve Haubold. Show times are at 8 p.m. Sept. 18 and Sept. 19 and 3 p.m. Sept. 20. Tickets are $8. Call 803-635-6847 or send an email to email@example.com for more information or to make reservations.
• Fairfield Behavioral Health Services presents a motivational youth speaker at Fairfield Central High School and Fairfield Middle School in honor of National Recovery Month.
• An AARP Driving Course is offered from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the conference room at Fairfield Memorial Hospital, 102 U.S. 321 Bypass North in Winnsboro. Registration is required. Call 803-252-4790 to register or for more information.
• Winnsboro Town Council meets the first and third Tuesday of every month at 6:15 p.m.
• Jenkinsville Town Council meets the first Wednesday of every month at 6 p.m.
• Winnsboro Lions Club meets the first and third Tuesdays of each month at China Buffet. Visitors are welcomed.
• Fairfield County Emergency Alert Program registers residents to get alerts about emergencies in the area. You must have an email address to register for the alert program. To register, go to the Fairfield County Website at www.fairfieldsc.com and click on the link For Fairfield County, SC Alert Registration.
Out & About includes listings of events such as plays, festivals and the like in Fairfield County and surrounding counties. Items can be submitted in writing to The Herald Independent, P.O. Box 90, Winnsboro, S.C. 29180; by fax to 635-2948; by email to WBHnews@civitasmedia.com; or in person at 127 N. Congress St. Call 803-635-4016 for more information.