• 7 p.m.: White Oak Baptist Church No. 1 holds a Back to School Bash. Fairfield School Superintendent J.R. Green is the speaker.
• Blackjack Baptist Church holds its revival through Aug. 13. Weeknight services are at 7:30 p.m.
• St. Peter Community Church, 4783 Clark Bridge Road in Blair, holds its revival through Aug. 12. T. Shell of St. Matthew #2 Baptist Church speaks on Tuesday and J. Lee of Mt. Moriah Baptist Church speaks on Wednesday.
• Greater St. John holds its revival through Aug. 13 at 7 p.m. each night.
• Shady Grove Independent Church, 5253 S.C. 34 in Winnsboro, holds its revival from Aug. 16 through Aug. 19. The Rev. James Knapper Jr. speaks at the morning service and Apostle Joseph McBride of Praise and Deliverance Temple speaks at 2:30 p.m. Weeknight services are at 7 p.m. The Rev. J.C. Edwards of Weeping Mary Baptist Church is the speaker.
• Calvary Baptist Church, 2815 East Peach Road in Ridgeway, holds its revival from Aug. 23 through Aug. 26. Sunday services are at 2:30 p.m. and the Rev. Casey L. Duncan of White Oak Baptist #2 in Ridgeway is the speaker. The Rev. J. Walter Hills II of New Hope Missionary Baptist Church in Portland, Ore., is the speaker for weeknight services at 7 p.m.
• Mt. Pisgah Baptist Church holds a Midday Bible Study from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. each Tuesday. The public is invited to attend.
• St. Peter Community Church is providing a free tutoring service at 4783 Clark Bridge Road in Blair from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. each Tuesday. Pastor Jonathan Bell Sr. is the tutor. Call 803-345-0260 for more information.
• AWANA meets from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Sundays for children ages three through ninth grade. A 6 p.m. worship service is held for parents of AWANA kids. Wednesday prayer meeting is from 6 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. and choir rehearsal follows at 7 p.m. Stephen Greene has mission groups for children, youth, women and men and also has a puppetry ministry. For more information call 803-635-3228.
• Prayers for Fairfield County invites everyone to pray for Fairfield County and its citizens. Meetings are monthly. Call 803-338-8026 or send an email to email@example.com for more information or to become involved.
Church Services/Bible Study
• Greater Faith Temple Church, 456 Cherry Road, holds Bible study at 7 p.m. each Wednesday, Sunday School at 10:45 a.m. and Sunday worship at noon.
• Mt. Moriah Baptist Church on S.C. 215 South in Jenkinsville holds Sunday School at 10 a.m. and Sunday worship at 11 a.m. Call 803-345-0203 for more information.
• St. Mark Baptist Church, 4118 S.C. 34 in Ridgeway, holds midday Bible study from noon to 1:30 p.m. each Wednesday.
• Saint Peter Community Church, 4783 Clark Bridge Road in Blair, holds Sunday School at 10 a.m. and worship services at 11 a.m. every Sunday. For more information call 803-345-0260.
• Greater St. John holds Sunday School every Sunday at 8:45 am. Bible Study is held every Wednesday night 7:00 pm. Rev. Jess Peay, Pastor.
The Herald Independent publishes notices of local interest from area churches. Items can be submitted in writing to The Herald Independent, P.O. Box 90, Winnsboro, S.C. 29180; by fax to 635-2948; by email to WBHnews@civitasmedia.com; or in person at 127 N. Congress St. Items can include revivals, special speakers, musical groups, bake sales, etc., and will run on a space available basis. Call 803-635-4016 for more information.