• Six Fairfield County locations are part of the Ag + Art Tour 2015. Special activities in Fairfield County include Raised-Bed Garden at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Congaree Mills grinding grits at 11:30 a.m. Saturday, and an Ice Cream Social at 3 p.m. Sunday. Tour sites in Fairfield County include Celtic Lane Farm, Ee-oh-lay Farm, Elder Farms, Fairfield County Farmers Market, The She Garden at the Painted Picket and Royal Greens. More information is available at www.agandarttour.com/fairfield.
• The Town of Winnsboro presents Movies Under the Stars in downtown Winnsboro. Attendees are encouraged to bring blankets or chairs on which to sit. Earth to Echo starts at 8:45 p.m.
• The Town of Winnsboro presents Movies Under the Stars in downtown Winnsboro. Attendees are encouraged to bring blankets or chairs on which to sit. The 2015 version of Cinderella starts at 8:45 p.m.
• Midlands Fatherhood Coalition invites all interested custodial/non-custodial fathers to attend orientation for enrollment into their program every Monday at 10 a.m. They assist with child support, visitation, parenting and relationship issues/concerns. Also they prepare and assist with employment. Call 803-815-0447 or come by 201 Moultrie St. in Winnsboro between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday for more information.
• Jenkinsville Water Company meets the first Monday of every month at 6 p.m.
• Fairfield County Council meets the second and fourth Monday of every month at 6 p.m.
• Tai Chi classes for adults are taught by Guo Guangwei of Midlands STEM Institute at First Baptist Church Gymnasium every Tuesday from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. Suggested donation is $1.
• Winnsboro Town Council meets the first and third Tuesday of every month at 6:15 p.m.
• Fairfield County School Board meets third Tuesday of every month at 6 p.m.
• Jenkinsville Town Council meets the first Wednesday of every month at 6 p.m.
• Ridgeway Town Council meets second Thursday of every month at 6:30 p.m.
• The Fairfield County Disabilities and Special Needs Board meets at noon the third Friday of each month at 408 W. Washington St. unless a special meeting is called. Meeting dates are Aug. 21, Sept. 18, Oct. 16, Nov. 20 and Dec. 18. No meeting in July. Agendas are posted monthly. Call 803-635-2154 for more information.
• Fairfield County Emergency Alert Program registers residents to get alerts about emergencies in the area. You must have an email address to register for the alert program. To register, go to the Fairfield County Website at www.fairfieldsc.com and click on the link For Fairfield County, SC Alert Registration.
• Fairfield Memorial Hospital provides free assistance to individuals registering for health insurance under the Affordable Care Act from Monday through Friday. Call 803-635-0209 or 803-718-4930 to schedule an appointment. Walk-in appointments are also available.
• Guardian ad litem volunteers are needed to represent abused and neglected children in Fairfield County. Call 803-286-6064 for more information. Training is free.
• The Fairfield County Recreation Department is holding sign-ups for youth basketball leagues. Call 803-635-9114 for more information.
• Fairfield Behavioral Health Services invites Fairfield County churches to help them say no to the danger and deadly impact of tobacco by displaying a permanent “Not On These Grounds” tobacco-free sign. Contact Cheryl Y. Goodwin, Special Services Coordinator, at email@example.com or call 635-2335 ext. 20 for more information.
Out & About includes listings of events such as plays, festivals and the like in Fairfield County and surrounding counties. Items can be submitted in writing to The Herald Independent, P.O. Box 90, Winnsboro, S.C. 29180; by fax to 635-2948; by email to WBHnews@civitasmedia.com; or in person at 127 N. Congress St. Call 803-635-4016 for more information.