• Dr. J. R. Green, superintendent of the Fairfield County School District, hosts a Town Hall Meeting from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Mitford Rural Water District, 72 Meeting St. in Great Falls.
• Sylvia Harrison holds a meet and greet from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Purity Lodge, 63 Scarlet Lane in Ridgeway. Harrison represents District 1 on the School Board.
• The Winnsboro Lions Club holds the 2016 Rann Foster Pancake Supper from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at Fairfield Elementary School. Tickets are $5 for adults and $4 for children. Tickets can be bought from any Winnsboro Lion or at the door. Dine in or take out.
• S.B. Johnson Consulting holds a drop-in and silent auction from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. as a fundraising event to support Mrs. Fairfield County Plus America pageant.
• Sylvia’s Foundation Annual Scholarship Gala, hosted by Sylvia Harrison, is at 7 p.m. at the National Guard Armory in Winnsboro. Call 803-635-6939 for more information. The event will be hosted by Sylvia Harrison.
• Jenkinsville Water Company meets at 6 p.m. the first Monday of each month.
• Fairfield County Council meets at 6 p.m. the second and fourth Monday of each month.
• The Fairfield Behavioral Health Services board meets from 5 p.m.to 6 p.m. the third Monday of each month. Call 803-635-2335 for more information.
• The Winnsboro Lions Club meets the first and third Tuesday of each month at China Buffet. Visitors are welcomed.
• Winnsboro Town Council meets at 6:15 p.m. the first and third Tuesday of each month.
• The Fairfield County School Board meets at 6 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month.
• Jenkinsville Town Council meets at 6 p.m. the first Wednesday of each month.
• Ridgeway Town Council meets at 6:30 p.m. the second Thursday of each month.
• The Fairfield County Disabilities and Special Needs Board meets at noon the third Friday of each month at 408 W. Washington St. unless a special meeting is called. No meeting in July. Agendas are posted monthly. Call 803-635-2154 for more information.
• A beginning watercolor class taught by Kitty Rabb will be held at the Art Studio at St. Stephens Episcopal Church for six Saturdays beginning Jan. 9. Classes are from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and are $75 per person. Contact Brenda Lord-McGrew at 803-315-8006 for information.
• Chameleon Inspirations Learning Center will present the 2nd Annual Celebration of Education Awards Saturday, April 23 at 7:00 p.m. Nominations are open and can be submitted at www.chameleonilc.webnode.com. The deadline for certified teacher nominations is Friday, March 4. Nominations for all other positions is Friday, February 12. More information is available by calling (803) 815-0833 or (803) 402-9367, or by email at email@example.com.
• Fairfield County Emergency Alert Program registers residents to get alerts about emergencies in the area. You must have an email address to register for the alert program. To register, go to the Fairfield County Website at www.fairfieldsc.com and click on the link For Fairfield County, SC Alert Registration.
• Fairfield Head Start/Early Head Start is accepting applications for the 2016-2017 school year. To be eligible for Head Start, children must be 3 years old on or before September 1, 2016. To be eligible for Early Head Start infants must be eight weeks old. In order for applications to be processed, children’s birth certificate or other proof of child’s age and proof of family income from the previous 12 months are required.
• Fairfield Memorial Hospital provides free assistance to individuals registering for health insurance under the Affordable Care Act from Monday through Friday. Call 803-635-0209 or 803-718-4930 to schedule an appointment. Walk-in appointments are also available.
• Guardian ad litem volunteers are needed to represent abused and neglected children in Fairfield County. Call 803-286-6064 for more information. Training is free.
• Fairfield Behavioral Health Services invites Fairfield County churches to help them say no to the danger and deadly impact of tobacco by displaying a permanent “Not On These Grounds” tobacco-free sign. Contact Cheryl Y. Goodwin, Special Services Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 635-2335 ext. 20 for more information.
Out & About includes listings of events such as plays, festivals and the like in Fairfield County and surrounding counties. Items can be submitted in writing to The Herald Independent, P.O. Box 90, Winnsboro, S.C. 29180; by fax to 635-2948; by email to WBHnews@civitasmedia.com; or in person at 127 N. Congress St. Call 803-635-4016 for more information.