FAIRFIELD COUNTY – The Fairfield County Chamber of Commerce will hold a kick off and registration event Jan. 21 for a series of seminars aimed at small business success plans.
The event will be held at the Carolina Event Center from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. during the new member reception. The seminars are free for Chamber members and $25 for non-members.
The seven-week program will begin Feb. 11 and run from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. every Thursday through March 24.
Seminars will be held at the Fairfield Campus of Midlands Technical College, 1674 U.S. 321 Business North, I the Fairfield Hall Conference Room. The maximum number of attendees is 15.
Here’s a look at the seminar schedule and topics:
• Week 1 (Feb. 11): Goal setting and developing a business plan
• Week 2 (Feb. 18): Financial options and ownership options
• Week 3 (Feb. 25): Your responsibilities as an employer from hiring to securing a tax ID and doing your taxes
• Week 4 (March 3): Marketing and merchandising your business and your product
• Week 5 (March 10): Keeping score and running a safe business
• Week 6 (March 17): Staffing, employee interview techniques and HR functions
• Week 7 (March 24): Communications
Attendees will be provided a three-ring notebook and printed material from each speaker. Light refreshments will be served.