• The Pine Tree Playhouse, 230 S. Congress Street in Winnsboro, presents “Dashing Through the Snow.” Friday and Saturday shows are at 8 p.m. and Sunday matinees are at 3 p.m. Tickets are $10. Call 803-635-6847 or email email@example.com for more information or tickets.
• The Winnsboro Downtown Holiday Market is held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Vendors, artisans, craftsmen and local merchants will have holiday items on sale. Admission is free. Vendors interested in participating can contact the Fairfield County Chamber of Commerce at 803-635-4242 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Lake Wateree Presbyterian Church, 3257 Old Windmill Road in Ridgeway, wraps Christmas presents from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Donations will benefit the church’s Blanket Ministry.
• The S.C. Railroad Museum, 110 Industrial Park Road in Winnsboro, features rides on the Santa Express courtesy of the Rockton, Rion & Western railroad, at 10 a.m., noon and 2 p.m. Seating is limited. Visit www.scrm.org or call 803-712-4135 to order tickets.
• Blackstock Bluegrass, 228 School Road in Blackstock, holds its Christmas Party and Dance. A meal will be served at 5:45 p.m. with music from 6:15 p.m. to 9 p.m. Country Grass will highlight the evening and Friday night regulars will provide a variety of music. Meat will be provided but guests are asked to bring finger foods, covered dishes and goodies. Call O’Dell at 803-581-4740 for more information.
• Fairfield County Emergency Alert Program registers residents to get alerts about emergencies in the area. You must have an email address to register for the alert program. To register, go to the Fairfield County Website at www.fairfieldsc.com and click on the link For Fairfield County, SC Alert Registration.
• Fairfield Memorial Hospital provides free assistance to individuals registering for health insurance under the Affordable Care Act from Monday through Friday. Call 803-635-0209 or 803-718-4930 to schedule an appointment. Walk-in appointments are also available.
• Guardian ad litem volunteers are needed to represent abused and neglected children in Fairfield County. Call 803-286-6064 for more information. Training is free.
• Fairfield Behavioral Health Services invites Fairfield County churches to help them say no to the danger and deadly impact of tobacco by displaying a permanent “Not On These Grounds” tobacco-free sign. Contact Cheryl Y. Goodwin, Special Services Coordinator, at email@example.com or call 635-2335 ext. 20 for more information.
Out & About includes listings of events such as plays, festivals and the like in Fairfield County and surrounding counties. Items can be submitted in writing to The Herald Independent, P.O. Box 90, Winnsboro, S.C. 29180; by fax to 635-2948; by email to WBHnews@civitasmedia.com; or in person at 127 N. Congress St. Call 803-635-4016 for more information.