• Marchers assemble at the Fairfield County DSS office at 9 a.m. and proceed to downtown Winnsboro for a presentation to address violence in Fairfield County by various speakers. Contact march organizers at 803-920-6051.
• A community rally is held from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Wayman Chapel Church on South Garden Street in Winnsboro. Contact Pastor Chris Nelums at 803-730-6003.
• The Pine Tree Playhouse, 230 S. Congress Street in Winnsboro, presents Tellabrations!, the worldwide event of storytelling, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Tickets are $10. Call 803-635-6847 or email email@example.com for more information or tickets.
• A Community Ecumenical Thanksgiving Service is held at 6:30 p.m. at First Baptist Church, 1371 Newberry Road in Winnsboro. Attendees are asked to bring non-perishable food items for the local food bank. A love offering also will be collected. The Fairfield County Ministerial Alliance is sponsoring the event.
• The Ward One Community Association holds its annual Thanksgiving Dinner at 11 a.m. at Fidelity Lodge #33 on Garden Street in Winnsboro. For those unable to attend, deliveries will be available. The association is asking for food and/or monetary donations. Contact Debra McDaniel at 803-718-3212 for more information.
• The Winnsboro Christmas parade is held beginning at 5 p.m. The lighting of the Christmas tree will be held immediately afterward.
• The Fairfield County Arts Council holds its monthly meeting at 6 p.m. at the Century House, 170 S. Dogwood Ave. in Ridgeway. Louise Ruff and Linda Dye will be guests. The public is welcome to attend.
• The Ridgeway Branch of the Fairfield County Library, 175 Palmer St. in Ridgeway, holds its Children’s Christmas Party at 4 p.m. Visit www.fairfield.lib.sc.us or call 803-337-2068 for more information.
• The Fairfield County Library, 300 Washington St. in Winnsboro, trims its Christmas tree and welcomes Santa at 7 p.m. Visit www.fairfield.lib.sc.us or call 803-635-4971 for more information.
Dec. 4 -Dec. 6
• Holidays on the Ridge is held in Ridgeway with merchants staying open until 9 p.m.
Dec. 4-6 & Dec. 11-13
• The Pine Tree Playhouse, 230 S. Congress Street in Winnsboro, presents “Dashing Through the Snow.” Friday and Saturday shows are at 8 p.m. and Sunday matinees are at 3 p.m. Tickets are $10. Call 803-635-6847 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or tickets.
• The Tour of Homes and Churches in Ridgeway is held from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Carriage rides will be available. Tickets are available at Ridgeway Town Hall and the Chamber of Commerce.
• The Messiah is presented at 3 p.m. at Bethel ARP Church, 101 N. Zion St. Admission is free.
• The Ridgeway Christmas parade is held at 3 p.m. The Christmas tree lighting will follow at 5 p.m. Santa will be at Ridgeway Cafe at 5 p.m. for visits with children.
• A Christmas Gala is held from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Fairfield County Museum, 231 S. Congress St. in Winnsboro. It is being presented by the Fairfield County Museum, Fairfield County Historical Society, Fairfield County Genealogy Society and Winnsboro Garden Clubs.
• The Winnsboro Downtown Holiday Market is held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Vendors, artisans, craftsmen and local merchants will have holiday items on sale. Admission is free. Vendors interested in participating can contact the Fairfield County Chamber of Commerce at 803-635-4242 or by email at email@example.com.
• Jenkinsville Water Company meets the first Monday of every month at 6 p.m.
• Fairfield County Council meets the second and fourth Monday of every month at 6 p.m.
• Winnsboro Town Council meets the first and third Tuesday of every month at 6:15 p.m.
• Fairfield County School Board meets third Tuesday of every month at 6 p.m.
• Jenkinsville Town Council meets the first Wednesday of every month at 6 p.m.
• Ridgeway Town Council meets second Thursday of every month at 6:30 p.m.
• Winnsboro Lions Club meets the first and third Tuesdays of each month at China Buffet. Visitors are welcomed.
• The Fairfield County Disabilities and Special Needs Board meets at noon the third Friday of each month at 408 W. Washington St. unless a special meeting is called. No meeting in July. Agendas are posted monthly. Call 803-635-2154 for more information.
• Fairfield County Emergency Alert Program registers residents to get alerts about emergencies in the area. You must have an email address to register for the alert program. To register, go to the Fairfield County Website at www.fairfieldsc.com and click on the link For Fairfield County, SC Alert Registration.
• Fairfield Memorial Hospital provides free assistance to individuals registering for health insurance under the Affordable Care Act from Monday through Friday. Call 803-635-0209 or 803-718-4930 to schedule an appointment. Walk-in appointments are also available.
• Guardian ad litem volunteers are needed to represent abused and neglected children in Fairfield County. Call 803-286-6064 for more information. Training is free.
• Fairfield Behavioral Health Services invites Fairfield County churches to help them say no to the danger and deadly impact of tobacco by displaying a permanent “Not On These Grounds” tobacco-free sign. Contact Cheryl Y. Goodwin, Special Services Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 635-2335 ext. 20 for more information.
Out & About includes listings of events such as plays, festivals and the like in Fairfield County and surrounding counties. Items can be submitted in writing to The Herald Independent, P.O. Box 90, Winnsboro, S.C. 29180; by fax to 635-2948; by email to WBHnews@civitasmedia.com; or in person at 127 N. Congress St. Call 803-635-4016 for more information.