Through Nov. 17
• The Winnsboro Rotary Club is selling pecans as a scholarship fundraiser. Orders are due by Nov. 17 with delivery on Nov. 17. All proceeds are used for scholarships for graduating seniors at Fairfield Central High School and Richard Winn Academy. Contact Vernon Kennedy Sr. at 803-718-0862 or any Winnsboro Rotary Club for more information.
• Winnsboro Rotary Club and Dr. Bob Keroson present the Fairfield County School District Orchestra during their 1 p.m. meeting at the Winnsboro Hotel. An advance lunch registration fee of $10 is required. Contact Rotary Club President Sam Arnette Jr. at 803-635-4431 for more information or to register.
• Fairfield County Genealogy Society holds its annual membership meeting at 12:30 p.m. the China Buffet off U.S. 321 Bypass in Winnsboro. Elections will be held for the executive board and bylaw changes will be discussed.
• Marchers assemble at 2 p.m. at Fairfield County DSS Office and proceed to downtown Winnsboro for a rally to address violence in Fairfield County. This community rally will be held from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Wayman Chapel Church on South Garden Street in Winnsboro. Contact Pastor Chris Nelums at 803-730-6003.
• The Pine Tree Playhouse, 230 S. Congress Street in Winnsboro, presents Tellabrations!, the worldwide event of storytelling, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Tickets are $10. Call 803-635-6847 or email email@example.com for more information or tickets.
• A Community Ecumenical Thanksgiving Service is held at 6:30 p.m. at First Baptist Church, 1371 Newberry Road in Winnsboro. Attendees are asked to bring non-perishable food items for the local food bank. A love offering also will be collected. The Fairfield County Ministerial Alliance is sponsoring the event.
• The Ward One Community Association holds its annual Thanksgiving Dinner at 11 a.m. at Fidelity Lodge #33 on Garden Street in Winnsboro. For those unable to attend, deliveries will be available. The association is asking for food and/or monetary donations. Contact Debra McDaniel at 803-718-3212 for more information.
• The Winnsboro Christmas parade is held beginning at 5 p.m. The lighting of the Christmas tree will be held immediately afterward.
Out & About includes listings of events such as plays, festivals and the like in Fairfield County and surrounding counties. Items can be submitted in writing to The Herald Independent, P.O. Box 90, Winnsboro, S.C. 29180; by fax to 635-2948; by email to WBHnews@civitasmedia.com; or in person at 127 N. Congress St. Call 803-635-4016 for more information.