• Fairfield Magnet School for Math and Science holds a Veterans Day Program at 9 a.m. The public is invited to attend.
• McCrorey Liston School of Technology hosts a Town Hall meeting with Dr. J.R. Green at 6 p.m. The public is invited.
• Midlands STEM Institute holds its Community Fall Festival from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Rockton Baptist Church, 112 Crane St. in Winnsboro. Free admission, free games, craft table, photo booth, hay rides, “Soak the Staff” contest, bounce houses, food, raffles and a DNR simulator will be included.
Through Nov. 17
• The Winnsboro Rotary Club is selling pecans as a scholarship fundraiser. Orders are due by Nov. 17 with delivery on Nov. 17. All proceeds are used for scholarships for graduating seniors at Fairfield Central High School and Richard Winn Academy. Contact Vernon Kennedy Sr. at 803-718-0862 or any Winnsboro Rotary Club for more information.
• Fairfield County Genealogy Society holds its annual membership meeting at 12:30 p.m. the China Buffet off U.S. 321 Bypass in Winnsboro. Elections will be held for the executive board and bylaw changes will be discussed.
• The Pine Tree Playhouse, 230 S. Congress Street in Winnsboro, presents Tellabration!, the worldwide event of storytelling, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Tickets are $10. Call 803-635-6847 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or tickets.
• The Ward One Community Association holds its annual Thanksgiving Dinner at 11 a.m. at Fidelity Lodge #33 on Garden Street in Winnsboro. For those unable to attend, deliveries will be available. The association is asking for food and/or monetary donations. Contact Debra McDaniel at 803-718-3212 for more information.
• The Ridgeway Branch of the Fairfield County Library, 175 Palmer St. in Ridgeway, holds its Children’s Christmas Party at 4 p.m. Visit www.fairfield.lib.sc.us or call 803-337-2068 for more information.
• The Fairfield County Library, 300 Washington St. in Winnsboro, trims its Christmas tree and welcomes Santa at 7 p.m. Visit www.fairfield.lib.sc.us or call 803-635-4971 for more information.
Dec. 4-6 & Dec. 11-13
• The Pine Tree Playhouse, 230 S. Congress Street in Winnsboro, presents “Dashing Through the Snow.” Friday and Saturday shows are at 8 p.m. and Sunday matinees are at 3 p.m. Tickets are $10. Call 803-635-6847 or email email@example.com for more information or tickets.
• A Christmas Gala is held from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Fairfield County Museum, 231 S. Congress St. in Winnsboro. It is being presented by the Fairfield County Museum, Fairfield County Historical Society, Fairfield County Genealogy Society and Winnsboro Garden Clubs.
• Ridgeway Town Council meets second Thursday of every month at 6:30 p.m.
• The Fairfield County Disabilities and Special Needs Board meets at noon the third Friday of each month at 408 W. Washington St. unless a special meeting is called. No meeting in July. Agendas are posted monthly. Call 803-635-2154 for more information.
• Fairfield County Emergency Alert Program registers residents to get alerts about emergencies in the area. You must have an email address to register for the alert program. To register, go to the Fairfield County Website at www.fairfieldsc.com and click on the link For Fairfield County, SC Alert Registration.
• Fairfield Memorial Hospital provides free assistance to individuals registering for health insurance under the Affordable Care Act from Monday through Friday. Call 803-635-0209 or 803-718-4930 to schedule an appointment. Walk-in appointments are also available.
• Guardian ad litem volunteers are needed to represent abused and neglected children in Fairfield County. Call 803-286-6064 for more information. Training is free.
• Fairfield Behavioral Health Services invites Fairfield County churches to help them say no to the danger and deadly impact of tobacco by displaying a permanent “Not On These Grounds” tobacco-free sign. Contact Cheryl Y. Goodwin, Special Services Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 635-2335 ext. 20 for more information.
Out & About includes listings of events such as plays, festivals and the like in Fairfield County and surrounding counties. Items can be submitted in writing to The Herald Independent, P.O. Box 90, Winnsboro, S.C. 29180; by fax to 635-2948; by email to WBHnews@civitasmedia.com; or in person at 127 N. Congress St. Call 803-635-4016 for more information.