• Fairfield County Disabilities & Special Needs Board holds a Fish Fry from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 410 W. Washington St. in Winnsboro. Plates are $7 and include talapia, slaw & hushpuppies. Extra Catfish stew ($5 a bowl) & baked goods.
• A meeting on how to help with the Freedmen’s Bureau Indexing Project is held from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the Palmetto Room at Midlands Technical College, 1674 U.S. 321 Business North in Winnsboro. Space is limited. Email Frances L. O’Neal at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a place in the free training.
• McCrorey Liston School of Technology hosts a Town Hall meeting with Dr. J.R. Green at 6 p.m. The public is invited.
Through Nov. 17
• The Winnsboro Rotary Club is selling pecans as a scholarship fundraiser. Orders are due by Nov. 17 with delivery on Nov. 17. All proceeds are used for scholarships for graduating seniors at Fairfield Central High School and Richard Winn Academy. Contact Vernon Kennedy Sr. at 803-718-0862 or any Winnsboro Rotary Club for more information.
• Fairfield County Genealogy Society holds its annual membership meeting at 12:30 p.m. the China Buffet off U.S. 321 Bypass in Winnsboro. Elections will be held for the executive board and bylaw changes will be discussed.
• The Pine Tree Playhouse, 230 S. Congress Street in Winnsboro, presents Tellabration!, the worldwide event of storytelling, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Tickets are $10. Call 803-635-6847 or email email@example.com for more information or tickets.
• The Ward One Community Association holds its annual Thanksgiving Dinner at 11 a.m. at Fidelity Lodge #33 on Garden Street in Winnsboro. For those unable to attend, deliveries will be available. The association is asking for food and/or monetary donations. Contact Debra McDaniel at 803-718-3212 for more information.
• Fairfield County Council meets the second and fourth Monday of every month at 6 p.m.
• Jenkinsville Town Council meets the first Wednesday of every month at 6 p.m.
• Fairfield County Emergency Alert Program registers residents to get alerts about emergencies in the area. You must have an email address to register for the alert program. To register, go to the Fairfield County Website at www.fairfieldsc.com and click on the link For Fairfield County, SC Alert Registration.
• Fairfield Memorial Hospital provides free assistance to individuals registering for health insurance under the Affordable Care Act from Monday through Friday. Call 803-635-0209 or 803-718-4930 to schedule an appointment. Walk-in appointments are also available.
• Guardian ad litem volunteers are needed to represent abused and neglected children in Fairfield County. Call 803-286-6064 for more information. Training is free.
• Fairfield Behavioral Health Services invites Fairfield County churches to help them say no to the danger and deadly impact of tobacco by displaying a permanent “Not On These Grounds” tobacco-free sign. Contact Cheryl Y. Goodwin, Special Services Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 635-2335 ext. 20 for more information.
Out & About includes listings of events such as plays, festivals and the like in Fairfield County and surrounding counties. Items can be submitted in writing to The Herald Independent, P.O. Box 90, Winnsboro, S.C. 29180; by fax to 635-2948; by email to WBHnews@civitasmedia.com; or in person at 127 N. Congress St. Call 803-635-4016 for more information.