• The campaign for Bernie Sanders holds a community meeting from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at Winnsboro Municipal Court. The event will be moderated by Christale Spain, political outreach director for the campaign, and Dr. William Legette, a political science professor at S.C. State University
• The Ridgeway Branch of the Fairfield County Library, 175 Palmer St. in Ridgeway, holds story hour at 4 p.m. Visit www.fairfield.lib.sc.us or call 803-337-2068 for more information.
• The Fairfield County Library, 300 Washington St. in Winnsboro, holds First Thursday Family Night Story Hour at 6 p.m. Visit www.fairfield.lib.sc.us or call 803-635-4971 for more information.
• The Pine Tree Playhouse, 230 S. Congress Street in Winnsboro, presents Tellabration!, the worldwide event of storytelling, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Tickets are $10. Call 803-635-6847 or email email@example.com for more information or tickets.
• Fairfield County Council meets the second and fourth Monday of every month at 6 p.m.
• Winnsboro Town Council meets the first and third Tuesday of every month at 6:15 p.m.
• Fairfield County School Board meets third Tuesday of every month at 6 p.m.
• Jenkinsville Town Council meets the first Wednesday of every month at 6 p.m.
• Ridgeway Town Council meets second Thursday of every month at 6:30 p.m.
• Winnsboro Lions Club meets the first and third Tuesdays of each month at China Buffet. Visitors are welcomed.
• The Fairfield County Disabilities and Special Needs Board meets at noon the third Friday of each month at 408 W. Washington St. unless a special meeting is called. No meeting in July. Agendas are posted monthly. Call 803-635-2154 for more information.
• Fairfield County Emergency Alert Program registers residents to get alerts about emergencies in the area. You must have an email address to register for the alert program. To register, go to the Fairfield County Website at www.fairfieldsc.com and click on the link For Fairfield County, SC Alert Registration.
• Fairfield Memorial Hospital provides free assistance to individuals registering for health insurance under the Affordable Care Act from Monday through Friday. Call 803-635-0209 or 803-718-4930 to schedule an appointment. Walk-in appointments are also available.
• Guardian ad litem volunteers are needed to represent abused and neglected children in Fairfield County. Call 803-286-6064 for more information. Training is free.
• Fairfield Behavioral Health Services invites Fairfield County churches to help them say no to the danger and deadly impact of tobacco by displaying a permanent “Not On These Grounds” tobacco-free sign. Contact Cheryl Y. Goodwin, Special Services Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 635-2335 ext. 20 for more information.
Out & About includes listings of events such as plays, festivals and the like in Fairfield County and surrounding counties. Items can be submitted in writing to The Herald Independent, P.O. Box 90, Winnsboro, S.C. 29180; by fax to 635-2948; by email to WBHnews@civitasmedia.com; or in person at 127 N. Congress St. Call 803-635-4016 for more information.