FAIRFIELD COUNTY — Fairfield County School District’s Department of Transportation will offer a School Bus Driver Training Class at the District Office from Nov. 9 through Nov. 12 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
To qualify, School Bus Operator/Monitor candidates for training for Fairfield County Public Schools must:
• Be at least 18 years of age.
• Possess a high school diploma or GED.
• Possess a valid driver’s license.
• Have more than one year of vehicular driving experience as a licensed driver.
• Have no more than four points against your driving record.
• Have not had their driver’s license suspended for a moving violation within the previous 12 months.
After completion of the training class, candidate must be able to:
• Pass SLED and sexual offender background checks.
• Pass a 10 year Motor Vehicle Report check.
• Pass a pre-employment alcohol and controlled substances test.
• Complete SDE School Bus Driver Training
• Pass an US Department of Transportation physical
• Pass General Knowledge, Air Brakes, Passenger and School Bus written knowledge tests and obtain a Class “B” Commercial Driver’s License Beginners Permit.