• Fairfield Behavioral Health Services holds a Recovery Health Seminar from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. in honor of National Recovery Month. There is a $15 registration fee.
Sept. 25-Sept. 27
• The Pine Tree Playhouse, 230 S. Congress St. in Winnsboro, stages The Mice Have Been Drinking Again, a one-act comedy by Cleve Haubold. Show times are at 8 p.m. Sept. 25 and Sept. 26 and 3 p.m. Sept. 27. Tickets are $8. Call 803-635-6847 or send an email to email@example.com for more information or to make reservations.
• VFW Post 8346, 74 Veterans Drive in Ridgeway, holds its Bluegrass and Bologna Bash. Bologna sandwiches will be served at 6 p.m. and music by The Mustache Brothers will begin at 7 p.m. Chairs are welcome, coolers are not.
• BBQ Bluegrass & Blue Jeans is held at The Farm in Ridgeway, 3248 U.S. 21 South in Ridgeway. Tickets are $30 per person or $50 per couple. The event will include a live and silent auction, music by The Twang Bombers featuring Susan Douglass Taylor, dinner and beverages. Call 803-608-5510 for more information.
Oct. 2-Oct. 3
• The 19th annual Rock Around the Clock Festival kicks off with the parade at 7 p.m. Friday and a street dance from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. featuring The Mighty Kicks plus a Shag contest at 9:30 p.m. A classic car show is from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday plus there will be food vendors, arts & crafts vendors, exhibitors, children’s amusements and live music all day from the Main Stage.
• The fifth annual Stop the Violence Walk is held at 9 a.m. Participants are asked to meet at the Department of Social Services Office Parking lot in Winnsboro. The walk will end at the Fairfield County Courthouse.
• The second installment of a two-part workshop on conducting family genealogy research on Familysearch.org, a free site run by The Church of the Later Day Saints, is held from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Midlands Technical College in Fairfield Hall, 1674 U.S. 321 Business North in Winnsboro. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a spot. Space is limited.
• The Kenneth Adamson Memorial Scholarship (K.A.M.S. Fund) presents an evening of recognitions “Celebrating Communities without Walls” at 6 p.m. at the Carolina Event Center. The 2015 honorees are Marjorie Anderson Byrd and Preston Mack. Contact Charles Harrison at 803-635-9266 for more information.
Out & About includes listings of events such as plays, festivals and the like in Fairfield County and surrounding counties. Items can be submitted in writing to The Herald Independent, P.O. Box 90, Winnsboro, S.C. 29180; by fax to 635-2948; by email to WBHnews@civitasmedia.com; or in person at 127 N. Congress St. Call 803-635-4016 for more information.