Through June 29
• The Fairfield County Ag and Art Farm Tour is held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Visitors will see first-hand where their food comes from, watch artists in action and purchase their works, dance to the melodies of bluegrass and folk songs, and learn more about rural life. Fairfield farm locations will be announced soon.
• A Greenbriar Community Crime Watch meeting is held at 6:30 p.m. at the Greenbriar Fire Station.
June 22- June 26
• The Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office hosts the 10th annual Kids Day Camp for children between the ages of 8 and 13 who need positive reinforcement and need to build a better relationship with law enforcement. Only 80 applicants will be accepted.The camp is free, begins at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 4:30 p.m. Registration is due May 29. Lunch, an afternoon snack and drinks are provided. Transportation and breakfast will not be provided. Contact Ron Mull, D.j. Wilson or Melissa Cooper at 803-635-4141 for more information.
• Ag + Art Tour will kickoff with Jazz and barbecue on the Terrace Under the Oaks at Mission Ridge Retreat from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
• The Town of Winnsboro presents Movies Under the Stars in downtown Winnsboro. Attendees are encouraged to bring blankets or chairs on which to sit. Earth to Echo starts at 8:45 p.m.
• The Town of Winnsboro presents Movies Under the Stars in downtown Winnsboro. Attendees are encouraged to bring blankets or chairs on which to sit. The 2015 version of Cinderella starts at 8:45 p.m.
• Midlands Fatherhood Coalition invites all interested custodial/non-custodial fathers to attend orientation for enrollment into their program every Monday at 10 a.m. They assist with child support, visitation, parenting and relationship issues/concerns. Also they prepare and assist with employment. Call 803-815-0447 or come by 201 Moultrie St. in Winnsboro between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday for more information.
• Little Griffins basketball camp is held from June 29 to July 2 for players ages 8 to 12 to work with the JV and varsity teams and coaching staff to help build proper fundamentals. Registration is $40 per player and is due June 4. Late registration is $50. Contact Amelia Miller at 803-760-0309 or firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Devin Liferidge at 803-522-3289 or DLiferidge@fairfield.k12.sc.us.
• Jenkinsville Water Company meets the first Monday of every month at 6 p.m.
• Fairfield County Council meets the second and fourth Monday of every month at 6 p.m.
• Tai Chi classes for adults are taught by Guo Guangwei of Midlands STEM Institute at First Baptist Church Gymnasium every Tuesday from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. Suggested donation is $1.
• Winnsboro Town Council meets the first and third Tuesday of every month at 6:15 p.m.
• Fairfield County School Board meets third Tuesday of every month at 6 p.m.
• Jenkinsville Town Council meets the first Wednesday of every month at 6 p.m.
• Ridgeway Town Council meets second Thursday of every month at 6:30 p.m.
• The Fairfield County Disabilities and Special Needs Board meets at noon the third Friday of each month at 408 W. Washington St. unless a special meeting is called. Meeting dates are April 17, May 15, June 19, Aug. 21, Sept. 18, Oct. 16, Nov. 20 and Dec. 18. No meeting in July. Agendas are posted monthly. Call 803-635-2154 for more information.
• Fairfield County Emergency Alert Program registers residents to get alerts about emergencies in the area. You must have an email address to register for the alert program. To register, go to the Fairfield County Website at www.fairfieldsc.com and click on the link For Fairfield County, SC Alert Registration.
• Fairfield Memorial Hospital provides free assistance to individuals registering for health insurance under the Affordable Care Act from Monday through Friday. Call 803-635-0209 or 803-718-4930 to schedule an appointment. Walk-in appointments are also available.
• Guardian ad litem volunteers are needed to represent abused and neglected children in Fairfield County. Call 803-286-6064 for more information. Training is free.
• The Fairfield County Recreation Department is holding sign-ups for youth basketball leagues. Call 803-635-9114 for more information.
• Fairfield Behavioral Health Services invites Fairfield County churches to help them say no to the danger and deadly impact of tobacco by displaying a permanent “Not On These Grounds” tobacco-free sign. Contact Cheryl Y. Goodwin, Special Services Coordinator, at email@example.com or call 635-2335 ext. 20 for more information.
Out & About includes listings of events such as plays, festivals and the like in Fairfield County and surrounding counties. Items can be submitted in writing to The Herald Independent, P.O. Box 90, Winnsboro, S.C. 29180; by fax to 635-2948; by email to WBHnews@civitasmedia.com; or in person at 127 N. Congress St. Call 803-635-4016 for more information.